Waldorf High School of Massachusetts Bay is a college preparatory school offering an alternative to high pressure, high stress high school education.
At Waldorf High School our teaching style and small classes help teenagers develop into flexible, confident thinkers who address life's big questions with creativity and optimism. Our curriculum integrates the arts into vigorous academic exploration and experiential learning.
A Waldorf Education is Preparation for Life in the 21st Century for teenagers
- to be clear, informed, and heartfelt thinkers;
- to be knowledgeable about the world, human history and culture;
- to be in possession of practical and artistic abilities;
- to feel reverence for and communion with the natural world;
- to act with initiative and freedom in the face of economic and political pressures;
- to interact harmoniously with and respectfully toward others;
- to bring master over one's self and one's future.
We are eager to hear from prospective students with an unquenchable desire to learn. Discover your potential and place in the world here, at Waldorf High School of Massachusetts Bay.
We accept students throughout the academic year. There are limited openings for the 2012 - 2013 academic year. Please call 617-489-6600 for more information.
|"What every parent would wish as the best for his |
or her children, Waldorf education provides. The
fullest development of intelligent, imaginative, self-
confident, and caring persons is the aim of Waldorf
education. The aim is solidly grounded in a
comprehensive view of human development, in
an intellectually and culturally rich curriculum, and
in the presence of knowledgeable, caring human
beings at every stage of the child's education."
- Douglas Sloan, Professor Emeritus,